Monday, January 7, 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Pink In The Afternoon - Review and swatch

I recently raved about Revlon in my last post on their lip butters. Look's like Revlon has managed to impress me with their Super Lustrous line too.

Revlon says: Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are infused with silk and vitamins for smooth, conditioning color. In a dazzling array of fabulous, fashionable shades.
  • exclusive LiquiSilk formula with mega moisturizers seals in color and softness
  • silky smooth, creamy texture
  • stay true color, wears evenly


Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick Pink In The Afternoon
Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick Pink In The Afternoon

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick Pink In The Afternoon
Marib thinks: The Lustrous range is huge and offers loads of color variety. It's always challenging to shop pink lipsticks online without being able to swatch them but Pink In The Afternoon proved to be the most suitable shade of pink for my sin tone.

Pink In The Afternoon is a pretty warm toned pink that translates as a rosy pink on me. The texture of this lipstick is undeniably smooth and glides onto the lips like a dream. It is creamy, hydrating, extremely pigmented and easy to wear. The finish is creamy. It has absolutely no glitter. The lasting power is average though, I'd say 4 hours until I require touch up. It enhanced dryness on my lips on application but after a while it settles in well and eliminates dryness. Hydrating qualities, I believe.  Now, they claim that it wears evenly but on me, it doesn't, it fades from the center and leaves the lip line intact. However, I find it manageable since the shade is light and doesn't look too bad but you might want to keep that in mind when shopping for darker shades from the range.

The packaging is standard but practical. Safe to travel with and closes well. The best bit is the clear top which allows me to see what shade is inside.
Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Pink In The Afternoon (swatch)
You might want to purchase this if you:
  • think the shade will suit you
  • want a hydrating, creamy lipstick
  • want a comfortable-to-wear lipstick
You might NOT want to purchase this if you:
  • think the shade will not suit you
  • find that  it enhances dryness on lips
  • uneven fading bothers you
  • find it expensive
This lipstick is indeed a  gorgeous new addition to my collection. I have been complimented several times while wearing Pink In The Afternoon. The creamy formulation seriously makes up for the uneven fading. Although I hardly consider that as a problem since it is barely noticeable. (the shade is light)

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are available at Just4Girls.pk. Priced at PKR 1050.

*This post contains PR sample/s sent in consideration for review. However, all thoughts are original and based on my own personal experience. My loyalty is to my readers. 

18 comments :

  1. I LOVE Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks!!! :D And the shades they have are all so gorgeous it's hard to pick one haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color looks lovely on you! And the photos make me want to buy more of these! :D I have one or two from the Superlustrous collection and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely color , well i have one bt i dont really like its texture n it dries my lips

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning! I am definitely going to purchase this at some point x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty shade n love it on ur lips

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these -- I have almost all, but I've never seen Pink In The Afternoon!! Must Get!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother a big fan of this line and it seems to last forever on her! I've yet to own any from this line but this shade seems so perfect! A great pinky nude! You lips look great! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really pretty! It would be a great everyday shade xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy very light and sweet color really suits you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate drying lipsticks but this colour looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful subtle shade . I'm a fan of super lustrous creme lipsticks . One of the best choice in drugstore range

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favourite lipsticks! It looks gorgeous on you :) I love this warm medium pink, especially since I gravitate naturally towards blue-based light pinks which look good in the tube but aren't flattering when worn :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks insanely nice. I received Revlon's Black Cherry for Christmas and they are super pigmented gorgeous lipsticks!

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award :) if you'd like to check my post out it is here: http://pinkposiesandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a lovely color and Revlon is excellent in their creamy color lippies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colour, Revlon lipsticks are amazing quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a couple of Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and I really like the formula :)
    x

    ReplyDelete